Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Republicans: There Goes Another One

Conservatives were beginning to turn Bobby Jindal into their Obama. While I thought that he could be a possible running-mate, I was waiting for the other shoe to fall. This article demonstrates that this is a high possibility.

Louisiana politics | A rise and a fall | Economist.com

It is a pity, though. Rush will have to find a new Republican on whom to bet his money. Most people might revert to Sarah Palin, even though she's been governor of Alaska; hardly within the mainstream of the United States (apologies to my Alaskan friends). Either way, the Republicans are in trouble because they don't seem anyone on whom to stake all bets.

1 comment:

Carter said...

Hmm, I can't get to that article you posted for some reason. However, I just wanted to say that I think Jindal's decision to remain governor for the present was the right one - a., because Louisiana needs him, b., because he will be better poised for a presidential run if he has more successful experience under his belt, and c., because I think it's probably best if he doesn't associate himself with the McCain administration (if McCain wins). I'm supporting McCain, but about as unenthusiastically as possible.