Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Have Returned

In the words of a great American, "I have returned" and with colors flying high. If you were wondering, dear readers (who probably don't exist in real life), my previous blog has been taken off the web as I am no longer Lord Jim (even though the name is still in the address) and I am now the Emperor of ice cream.

I will write a long post later on, but there are a few things which I should clear up for the few and the proud before the end of finals week. First, I thought that I made far too many endorsements on my last blog, switching my support from candidate to candidate indiscriminately; some of my endorsements were embarrassing too. (Yes, I did support Ron Paul briefly.) Less than a month from the first primary, I still can't decide who to vote for--should it be Romney, or Huckabee, or McCain?--it probably won't be Fred Thompson, but whoever it is, I am not going to be making any official endorsements on this blog. Not even in the main presidential race. I will speak about what I do or do not like about the various candidates, but I will never write "I officially endorse . . ." I also resolve (since it is that time of year) to speak less about economics on this blog and more about movies and books. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to talk about economics (it still is a hobby), but I'll try to make it as palatable as possible. I might include more layman theology (or theology for people, like me, who know nothing about theology) since this is another one of my pet hobbies. Also, expect lots of satire.

As for the rest, just hang tight (as I know you will), Merry Christmas and God bless.

No comments: