Saturday, December 29, 2007

Some Random Thoughts on Polical Labels and Religious Discourse

I hear many people (mostly pastors) saying that God is not a Democrat or a Republican. It sounded good once, but, by this point, I think that the sentence has been used to the point of tedium. I've even heard some people imply that God is a member of Ralph Nader's Green Party. I actually wouldn't mind having a third political party in America. They could call themselves the Federalists because, like "Democrat" and "Republican," it sounds respectable but doesn't really mean anything. For example, I doubt that most Democrats have a problem with republicanism or that most Republicans have a problem with democracy. And yet, they still claim the titles. Just a few thoughts to digest.

Trivia: To what religious denomination does Ralph Nader belong?

No comments: