Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Problem with Mike Huckabee

I think that the reason Mike Huckabee is so popular (other than that he does not believe in Darwin, perhaps) is that he is more of a centrist than Ron Paul and doesn't appear to be a member of the establishment like Mitt Romney or Rudy Giuliani. I don't think that the popularity will last. After all, it's like the Economist said, experience does count for something and Gov. Huckabee's tax policies are underdeveloped and poorly thought-out. No "fair-tax" will ever be implemented in this country (and it shouldn't.) It is unfortunate though, because Huckabee represents change in a way that Romney, Giuliani and Thompson cannot offer; he says that we have a problem now, and we do. At the moment, I think that McCain deserves another look, but I'm don't endorse candidates, I only (sometimes) vote for them.

1 comment:

The Problem with Mike said...

Oh, I think the problem with mike runs a bit deeper:

http://problemwithmike.blogspot.com/